Mardi 07 juillet 2015
The Castle of Châlus-Maulmont
It was built in 1280 by Géraud de Maulmont, adviser to the Viscountess of Limoges, Marguerite of Burgundy. It was greatly damaged during the Revolution. It was dismantled in1790 and used as a prison; its ruins remain an interesting testimony to a late 13th century castle. From the Middle Ages onwards, a town grew up around this castle, with a new church and a graveyard (an annexe of the mother church in Lageyrat).